+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A couple of pieces of Humor...

Default A couple of pieces of Humor...

Ode to a Cubicle:

The cubicles were empty that cold fateful day, the people had all gone home.
    And where one would normally hear: "Hip-hip-hooray!", there now was heard only a groan,
    a groan, yes now was heard only a groan.

The day had begun as any one would, the people were happy and good.
    And yet doom impending as only it could came falling upon peoples heads,
    their heads, yes it came falling upon their heads.

A message came hailing, faint from afar, it boded not well for the group.
    "The system is down, oh hardee har har, prepare for the onslaught, oh, troops,
    oh troops, prepare for the onslaught, oh troops."

In shock, the people sat and dismayed, their thoughts of the day to come,
    were suddenly filled with pain fear and dread, and they thought "Oh this will be fun,
    be fun," they thought "Oh yes this will be fun!"

It hit the group like a ton of red bricks, calls for support, they did come.
    They felt like insignificant sticks, and they felt as if they were numb,
    were numb, yes they felt as if they were numb.

"Oh heaven please help us!" The cries went out, as the calls went on and on.
    "We surely will die from this terrible plague, our will to live is now gone,
    now gone, our will to live is now gone!"

Well things like this come, and things like this last, and ten they eventually go,
    The group made it through, their sanity gone, their souls all filled with woe,
    with woe, their souls were all filled with woe.

Now, people are strong, and people are weak, and people are all in-between,
    May we all have strength to cope with our lives, good or bad as they may seem,
    may seem, as good or bad as they may seem.

---------------------------------------------

Ode to a Pepsi:

Oh cola flavoured Pepsi, thou art good in a can, and better with ice coming from a foun-tain!

Thy bubbles they fizzle, thy can it doth shine! Tou cleanest the dirt from my tires like turpentine!

Thy glistening carbonation, thy shimmering zest, is it any wonder why I love you the best?

My passions are scandals, our love it is lust, for my intentions to the are all murderous

Your taste is seducing, you send me amok, But too much of you wil make me up-chuck!

Oh glistening soda your mercy I implore, your bubbles of glee are driving me to the floor

Depart form me now, our love, it must end! too much more carbonation, and I'll get the bends!

Go back to the earth from whence you did hail, I shall rid myself of you on the can and in the pail!

Tempt me no more! Be gone you foul feind! I shall touch you no more! I'll go else for caffeine!

To the hills and beyond, past the caverns of woe, to the mountains of waters that trickle and flow!

These are adorable! Did you put a lot of work into them, or were they quick dash-offs? They look polished, but have that wonderful spontaneous quality I always love from humourous writings.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyeball. Then...
    Hey, free eyeball!
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Leffy View Post
    wussy. its not the teeth you should fear

its the jaw strength and determination to hang on.

I likie!

The first one though, hits home all to closely!!
    Dragyn (Mike)

*Holding head to keep it from asploding and allowing the evil thoughts to take shape and be acted upon which would cause much carnage and destruction IRL*

Quote Originally Posted by KiaKat View Post
    These are adorable! Did you put a lot of work into them, or were they quick dash-offs? They look polished, but have that wonderful spontaneous quality I always love from humourous writings.
    Those are both one-offs. The Pepsi one was from when I was sleep deprived after having gotten home from work, and wrote it in one shot. The second is from when I was working during the Y2K turnover at the call center I was working at, and was also done in one shot, between calls.

I love the pepsi one.... veeeery clever!
    I'm a bit like a zombie when I date. Screw the looks, give me the brains!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragyn View Post
    I likie!

I second that notion

RazorJAK - "[Chinchillas have] always reminded me of something like a chernobyl hamster or something."

Yeah, its what happens when you work at a call center during a graveyard shift. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dragyn View Post
    I likie!

+ Reply to Thread