+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holi paint-jobs, Batman!!

Default Holi paint-jobs, Batman!!

The comic with Dharma (I guess that's her) blowing her nose kind of reminded me how things are after a renfaire. But after a renfaire, you blow your nose and see ugly, black stuff in your tissue not pretty colors. Unless you bought the "special" mushrooms on a stick from that shady vendor over in the back corner.

Speaking of "on a stick," has anyone else realized that almost everything at renfaires are served on a stick? Steak, chicken, sausage, corn-on-the-cob (a New World crop, so don't talk to me about authenticity), cheesecake, pork chops, macaroni&cheese... all served "on a FUCKING stick"!! WTF is up with this? Were we were-beavers back then or something? o.O??

This is my idea of exercise

You forgot the deep fried twinkies and goey nuts
    ***I'm quiet in a homicidal yet to kill people sorta way***

RazorJAK says "Evil panda is ... evil. "

Travel tip: in places like Laos, the safest food isn't restaurant food or your hotel food. It's the stuff sold by the little old lady with the push-cart barbecue at the side of the main road. Very busy main road, at that. FOUR vehicles went along it in ONE day! She cooks your food for you and transfers it directly from searing heat to your hands, with no time for contamination by flies. This is made possible and painless by holding the fish or whatever it is between two springy sticks, tied together at both ends, and cooking all but the ends you hold. If you can't find her, your next best bet is the place that has the electric fan with tissue streamers to keep the flies off.

If anything, it'd be were-shrikes that ate everything off sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by greyloch View Post
    The comic with Dharma (I guess that's her) blowing her nose kind of reminded me how things are after a renfaire. But after a renfaire, you blow your nose and see ugly, black stuff in your tissue not pretty colors. Unless you bought the "special" mushrooms on a stick from that shady vendor over in the back corner.

Speaking of "on a stick," has anyone else realized that almost everything at renfaires are served on a stick? Steak, chicken, sausage, corn-on-the-cob (a New World crop, so don't talk to me about authenticity), cheesecake, pork chops, macaroni&cheese... all served "on a FUCKING stick"!! WTF is up with this? Were we were-beavers back then or something? o.O??
    Speaking as a former Faire vendor whose main fair was kabobs -
    Screw you hippy! Do NOT fuck around with meat on a stick!
    It's meat!
    On a STICK!
    That's all you need to know.
    Last edited by Silverharp; 04-17-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Kidnapping? I prefer the term "suprise adoption!"
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJAK View Post
    Yup that's it, run. You'll just die tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverharp View Post
    Speaking as a former Faire vendor whose main far was kabobs -
    Screw you hippy! Do NOT fuck around with meat on a stick!
    It's meat!
    On a STICK!
    That's all you need to know.
    No, screw YOU, you swishy pirate-y person!!! :P

There's nothing wrong with meat or other vittles on sticks - I just question why the folks running the faires have this unhealthy fascination with food and sticks, that's all. And, yes, my friends and I make fun of all the things served on a stick (cue Josť Jalepeno's voice), "I'm a [fill-in-blank]... on a stick!"

BTW, we don't have gooey nuts... uh, yep, that's what was said, not making this one up (but it brings up weird mental images ... O.O!!) or fried twinkies on a stick. Our twinkies are served on the same crappy paper holders that normally are reserved for hot dogs. But I did love the chocolate-covered bacon, 'cause bacon IS the candy-bar of the meat world.

This is my idea of exercise

Quote Originally Posted by greyloch View Post
    But I did love the chocolate-covered bacon, 'cause bacon IS the candy-bar of the meat world.

Kidnapping? I prefer the term "suprise adoption!"
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJAK View Post
    Yup that's it, run. You'll just die tired.

+ Reply to Thread